6/16/2010

Haute Couture Hats at Etsy? OMG!

I hope I'm not overstating this observation... but I think you could see hat designs of this level of wit and style sitting on top of the heads of beautiful models on the runways of Paris.

I've been a long-time fan of the designers of the UK, from my early exposure to the Beatles, Barnaby Street, Mary Quant...and please don't ask me what I did when I first heard of Alexander McQueen's death...balled like a baby for days.

There is something lovingly cock-eyed & irreverent in their view of "the classic" or "historical" references that always returns to an exquisite interpretation of "modern".

Zara Carpenter is inspired by her surroundings of the historic naval port of Chatham and her favorite artists & writers; Mark Ryden, Edward Gorey, Oscar Wilde, Lewis Carroll, & Angela Carter.

She makes her own hats from found objects & materials and also mends & repairs antique hats. Please feel free to contact her if you would like to have her create something custom & special for you.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/zaracarpenter

No comments: