7/13/2010

Coty Lee @ Etsy...handmade ooak women's apparel

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Coty Lee is a self-taught seamtress & designer. She started her clothing line in 2007. Passionate about her work using new & recycled fabrics, stretchy cottons a particular favorite of hers, the recycled finds find its way organically into her designs as she goes thru her reconstruction phase.

What caught my eye was that her designs are simple silohettes & so wearable & comfortable ...PLUS i love, luv, lov the return of the "dress" WITH POCKETS no less. What can I say, I've never been a fan of purses, just for purse sake, when a pocket can hold the essentials... ID, credit card & folding money (just in case)...okay, maybe "tic-tacs" & lip gloss too.

I've always wondered what the BIG BAG said about a girl.... "my right shouldar is 1 inch lower than my left", "guess what I have at the bottom of my purse; spare diapers or petrified pieces of doggie doo-doo?", "take me home, I have my toothbrush & hair dryer with me"..."please, don't notice I'm homeless".

Sorry...(back to Coty Lee's shop)... her dresses seem to have a simple silohette BUT then you see some interesting darting, or blocking, and buttons that draw your eyes like a well practiced magician's act to appealing focal points.

If you're lucky enough to live in the area, she sells at the "Honey Pot" @ 86 Lexington Ave. in downtown Asheville, NC.

No comments: